Gulfstream Elementary is a mandatory uniform school as determined by the voting of our school parents. All students are required to wear the OFFICIAL school uniform. This uniform consists of a navy blue or white Polo shirt and navy blue or khaki colored pants, skirt, skorts or shorts. Shirts are to be tucked in always, and as applicable, a belt is recommended. All tops are to have the Gulfstream Elementary logo. Parents who object to their child wearing a mandatory uniform must request an Application for Exemption from the Student Uniform Program. This application must be completed in full and submitted to the Principal. Applications are available in the school office. Once the application is received, a meeting must occur with the Principal at the school. If it is determined that the waiver request will be granted, a Confirmation of Uniform Exemption letter will be sent to the parent.
Students are expected to come to school with proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, grooming, and neatness of dress. Students whose personal attire or grooming distracts the attention of other students or teachers from their school work shall be required to make the necessary alterations to such attire or grooming before entering the classroom or be sent home by the principal to be properly prepared for school. Students who fail to meet the minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness and neatness as determined by the principal and as specified in this rule shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary measures.
- Students should be encouraged to be neat, clean and properly dressed.
- Closed-toed shoes provide better protection and support for the child’s feet. It is requested that sandals are NOT worn. A closed shoe must be worn for all physical education activities.
- Large metal taps, metal cleats or wheels on shoes may not be worn.
- Shoes should be worn always during the school day as a health and safety precaution.
- Bermuda shorts must be long enough to reach mid-thigh or to knee.
- No hats or headscarves may be worn in the school building.
- Only approved Gulfstream Elementary activities with special attire sponsored by the school are permitted (ex. United Way, School Spirit Day, Field Day, field trips etc.)